Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Game Reviews- Hell's Kitchen

Gordon Ramsay is one of my favorite celebrity chefs & I like everything about him. His shows, all his 22 restaurants, Michelin stars, decors, recipes, fashion instincts, hair style, presence of mind and for that matter even his abuses ;). 
 
I had been waiting for Gordon Ramsey's game from very long time. I am into playing computer (cooking) games from a very long time that I have tried most of the them & know what to expect from this genre of games but sure enough this one came as a big surprise to me. Lets see what I think about this game.

System Specifications
OS: Windows XP/Vista
CPU: 1 Ghz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 8
Hard Drive: 110 MB 

Animation:  7 out of 10  
I thought the animation was the best feature of the game. I was happy because there was Gordon on the screen all the time with his bizarre comments. I like the fire in the trident that kept on increasing if you are not performing well. I think the graphics was very innovative.

Kitchen: 2 out of 10
In my opinion only someone who loves to cook will buy this game. The kitchen is good & it has 4 burners which compelled me to give 2 points for it. They have a picture representation in which you will be asked to put different ingredients in pan and than remove the pan when the timer goes off. For instance you have to drag & drop the vegetables into the pan until the timer goes off .Hey wait a min... isn't that the Hot Dish game. What can I say...... Its just the same thing except that we have Gordon here with his red & blue kitchen.

 Hell's Kitchen
 

 Hot Dish
  

I liked the Hot Dish better because I could at least cut, grate, grill, boil, fry and put the ingredients together. Also, buy new recipes with the points that I earned. Another feature of the game was we could play challenges that was very similar to bejeweled in between the stages to pass the inspections before proceed ing to the next stage. 
In HK I just had the option to drag & drop ingredient in the pan. It was kind of monotonous and  get boring after couple of rounds.

Dinning Area: 3 out of 10
The decor and the graphics are exceptional, other than that the game is just like Diner Dash. If you have ever played dinner dash and are already bored this part wont be any interesting as its quiet similar. In HK as well as DD you take the waiting customer to the table, give them menu, as soon as they keep the menu down take order and than once the food is ready serve it.

Hell's Kitchen
 
Diner Dash

I like Diner Dash because it has variations like matching the colors of their dress with the seats, giving lemonade if the customers are unhappy, and have provision for sitting babies this makes the DD game play more interesting than HK.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 10
The overall graphics was outstanding, apart from that the rest of the game was not interesting or exciting. Ideally they could have included some new ideas like cooking your own recipes or challenges like design your own dinning area. According to my opinion this game is not worth the price. 

You can buy this game from amazon website.
Follow this link:
 Wii Version:
Hell's Kitchen


PC Version:
Hell's Kitchen






Please feel free to comment. Would like to know your views.
Happy Gaming!! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review, it saved my $40 that I would have spent on this game. Hope they come out with a better version. Until then I will continue playing my Chocolatier 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I am wondering if you know how Chocolatier 2 game ends. I have more than 1 billion dollar and got all the awards but cnt figure out the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually half way through... looks like you have advanced much further in the game.

    ReplyDelete